12/28/07

Working on new episodes. We're back up and running!

I'm in the process of getting the materials together for episode 12, which will focus on recording acoustic guitar. If all goes well, it'll be out in a few days. But I've got a lot on my plate over the next few days, so it may take longer.

Here's what I've got planned for the next few episodes.

Acoustic 101
Reverse Effects
Review of Lamb Of God's Sacrament, producer edition
Mic Shootout
Interview with Siddius about the recording of "Preaching To The Choir"
Several episodes dedicated to the recording and mixing process for "Preaching To The Choir".

With any luck, this will take me through episode 20.

I've also been sent show ideas from a couple of listeners. Herman wants me to do an episode focusing on compression. This may be a good time to throw in a free plug in show, as I've got several free compressors I use. And Kris from One Over Eight is thinking about sending a segment comparing a real Mesa to a modeled Mesa, pointing out the pro's and cons of both. He also wants to submit one of his bands songs and maybe come on the show to talk about how it was recorded.

I've also been talking to a few people, such as Mary Magdalan (based in LA) who just released an album and may come on to talk about the recording process, and Chris Mara may come back on to talk about how to find work as a producer. And I'm thinking of expanding on the guitar doubling segment, but focusing on clean tones this time.

So I've got some great ideas floating around, I just need to get off my ass and do them. Keep an eye out for episode 12 coming soon. Thank for your patience everyone. Sorry to keep you so long between episodes. Hope you all have a kick ass new year, and keep it metal!

No comments: