4/26/08

Back from Denver, getting the ball rolling.

Ok, I've been back from Denver for about 3 days now. I'm working on getting things done for more episodes, including getting the huge mic shootout taken care of and planning other episodes. I'm still hoping to get to the list that I made a few months ago of upcoming show topics, but cooler topics keep coming up! lol!

In all seriousness, there are some that have been on the backburner so long that I need to get to work on them, and I will be doing that soon.

Anyway, a few updates. The Mic Shootout episode that I have planned looks like it will likely be roughly 3-4 episodes. I don't want to burn you all out after all, and there are lots of audio examples of each mic. I'll be having a special guest on the show for those episodes too.

I just spoke with Chris Mara who wants to return to the show to talk about his new studio called "Welcome To 1979". It's an entirely analog studio in the Nashville area that looks like it's straight from the 70's! That interview may be taking place next week sometime.

And Storm King (Scott Massie's current band) has wrapped up recording sessions and posted 4 songs on myspace. If you liked the music of BOTTOMFEEDER in episode 17, Storm King will melt your face off! I'm trying to see if Scott will return in the near future to discuss the recording of these songs, so we'll see.

Check out Storm King here!

That's about all I can think of for the moment. Still working on Day Nine mixes when I get free time, which I haven't had much of because of the Denver trip. Also, it appears I'll be cutting some demos for a local solo artist over the next week. So my plate is full of stuff, but I should be able to get more episodes to you soon.

Keep it metal!

Me, keeping it Metal at Red Rocks outside of Denver!

No comments: