11/2/07

Just a rough mix of Siddius for you to hear what we did.

This is relatively unmixed. I've got a lot of editing to do to the tracks as well. There are a few spots of bad timing and sour notes, ect. But I wanted those elements in there so I can fix them and tell you how.

Keep in mind, this is a very very very very very rough mix. I haven't edited out anything, including when the vocalist yells "PENIS" during a part with no vocal line. I wanted to highlight the difference between the rough raw tracks version and the finished product.

I'll be using the tracks from the session as examples in upcoming episodes, including on how to process drums and bass and vocals.

Here's the song we recorded. It's called "Preaching To The Choir".







free player from mysplayer.com


Oh yeah. It was recorded in the bassists parents bedroom while the parents were away. It was done at about 10:30 at night, and the cops were called after the drum tracks were recorded. lol. We cut the noise for a few, then cut the rest of it at low volumes. So when the drummer yells "They called the cops" at the end, that was genuine! lol.

No comments: