11/26/07

The Next Episodes.....

Hey, remember how I said at the end of episode 11 that I'd need some time before the next episodes came out?  Well, it's been almost a month now, and I'm still working on a few things, but I wanted to update everyone on what's going on.

First of all, I've decided that the next episode will be my first in a series on recording Acoustic Guitar.  I've been writing notes and brainstorming this one for a while, and it's time to take it off the back burner and do it.

Second of all, the following episode may be about reversing and some of the cool effects you can make with it (reverbs, textures, ect.)

Third, the mic shootouts are coming due, and I need to get the mics back to the manufacturers, so I'll be working on that.

Finally, I'll be starting a series of episodes explaining how I recorded and mixed "Preachin To The Choir (Cause They're Gettin Outta Line)" from Siddius.  This should include an interview with the band about the recording process as part of the first episode, followed by episodes that break down each individual aspect of the mixing process for this song (the bass drum, guitars, vocals, ect.).  I'd talk about one thing per episode so I can really go in depth on it.  You'll be SICK of the song by the time it's over.

Oh yeah, Siddius is giving the multi-track files for the song for you to mix, and I'll release them during the episode where I interview them.

After that, it's all up in the air.  I may sprinkle a guest segment in there somewhere to fill some time if need be, so feel free to make a segment and send it in to me.

Oh yeah, no word on where yet, or if / when it'll happen, but I may be relocating in the future.  The show may be put off for a bit while I get that taken care of, but I'll let you know if that happens.  Maybe I'll find another host to take over until I get things finished.....who knows.  It's a thought.  Then again, it's ALL just a thought right now.

Hang in there guys, and keep it metal.  For those of you who celebrate it, I hope you had a good Thanksgiving.

No comments: